|Clogherinkoe Church is closed for repairs.|
Mass Times for St. Brigid’s Church, Clogherinkoe
Clogherinkoe Church is closed for repairs.
St. Brigid’s Church in Clogherinkoe is of Gothic Style. The building works were completed in 1862. Fr. Felix Tracey P.P. was the Building Pastor and John Sterling Butler was the Architect.
St. Brigid’s is an imposing structure. Of note are it’s stained glass windows and Stations of the Cross. It replaced an earlier church which was either built or enlarged in 1749, as attested by the inscription over the doorway – “D.D. P.P. 1749. The initials refer to Dominick Dempsey, P.P. in 1749.
According to the Irish Architectural Archive, Clogherinkoe Church was built between 1861 and 1862. It is Early Decorated Gothic. It was constructed with local black stone with Carrick limestone dressing. The builder was Keegan of Killucan. Clerk of works: Peter Killian. It cost about £3,000.