What is RCIA?
The’ Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults’ is the process by which the Catholic Church welcomes new adult members into the Christian Community.
Who can participate in the RCIA?
- Non-Christians who are interested in becoming members of the Christian Community.
- Those baptised in another Christian tradition who are interested in becoming full members of the Catholic Church.
- Catholics who are baptised but who have not yet received the Sacrament of the Eucharist or Confirmation.
What methods are used?
- The RCIA is a return to the method used by the Early Church to initiate new members into the Christian Community.
- It is a process of Christian initiation into the Church that includes the study of sacred scripture and doctrine, spiritual reflection, private and liturgical prayer and community service and involvement.
In Summary: The RCIA is a process of conversion and spiritual growth for adults. Each period is liturgically marked by celebrations indicating the end of one stage and the entrance into the next stage of the faith journey.
To Inquire about the RCIA programme Please Phone our Parish Catechist.